2016 Federal Legislative Priorities
- Support NAHASDA block grant appropriation increases of approximately 4% / year for 5 years.
- Support the recently agreed to compromise between the House and Senate reauthorization bills and the expeditious passage of the Act through whatever vehicle or process may present itself.
- Support AAHA efforts through any appropriate measures which will prevent HUD from the implementation of any special census based tabulations for purposes of determining NAHASDA formula funding distributions.
2017 State Legislative Priorities
- AAHA strongly supports the Governor’s Budget Request for Reappropriation of $6.6 million from the AHFC Energy Rebate program to the Weatherization Program.
- AAHA strongly supports the Governor’s Budget Request for the AHFC Supplemental Housing Development Grant Program for $3 million.
- AAHA strongly supports the Governor’s Budget Request for the AHFC Senior Citizens Housing Development Grant Program (SCHDGP) for $1.75 million to meet the rapidly growing need for senior housing in Alaska.
Economic Impact of Alaska Housing Authorities